Issue updates will cover briefings from state and local officials along with Senator Mike McGuire
Sacramento, CA – With Thanksgiving right around the corner, and as families finalize their plans, we hope folks will mark their calendars and join Senator McGuire for his annual Del Norte County Town Hall the following week.
The annual event will be hosted in Crescent City on the evening of Wednesday, November 30. The interactive Town Hall will be an opportunity to discuss and receive updates on the top issues facing Del Norte County and all Northern California residents.
“Del Norte is an amazing place and I’m grateful for the opportunity to work for the residents of this incredible county every day. Our November 30 Town Hall will be focused on creating good jobs, strengthening our public schools, moving the Last Chance Grade project forward, investing in homeless services and housing and much more,” Senator Mike McGuire said.
Here are the Town Hall Details:
WHAT: Senator Mike McGuire’s Annual Del Norte County Town Hall Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Joe Hamilton Elementary School, 1050 E Street in Crescent City
SAVE ROOM: Delectable treats and refreshments will be available for all attendees.
On the agenda:
- Welcome & Introductions: Senator Mike McGuire
- Crescent City Update: Mayor of Crescent City
- County of Del Norte Update: Board of Supervisors Chairperson Gerry Hemmingsen
- Sheriff’s Office Activity Briefing: Sheriff Erik Apperson
- California Fish & Wildlife update and community briefing on the Del Norte elk count: Environmental Scientist Carrington Hilson and David Lancaster, Wildlife Unit Manager
- Highway Activity Briefing from CALTRANS Interim District Director: Timothy Craggs
- State of California Update: Senator Mike McGuire
- Questions & Conversation: Senator Mike McGuire